What are the settings for MMSSTV and HS4?
2019-03-27 10:54
Hello,

I am new on HS4 and I like it very much.
On real shortwave I am qrv with digital modes but how can I do it with HS4?
What are the settings for HS4 and MMSSTV?
I hear a lot of sstv-signals on HS4.
I installed the Codec plugin off/cod1.
Perhaps can you give me some instructions?

73 Harry PA3CWQ
Re: What are the settings for MMSSTV and HS4?
2019-03-30 15:51
Harry,

Hamsphere 4 has a Facebook forum for the Digimodes. On that forum are files that will describe how to set your HS4 rig up for the different modes. There are also video files. The forum is called “Digimodes on Hamsphere. You should find all the info you need there. Hope to work you on CW, PSK31, SSTV, and RTTY.

Mike - KD6KA
2019-03-30 17:55
The question still is, why such manuals and files are posted on foreign pages like Facebook, but NOT on the own HamSphere-Forum?

Not everybody uses Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any social media like that...

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2019-03-30 21:13
Good question Jörg! While there are the basic Hamsphere manuals posted on the Hamsphere forum page, the digital stuff is mostly on the Facebook forums. I had to get a FB account just to get the info. I guess they (the HS users posting the info) like using the FB forums option.

Mike - KD6KA
2019-03-30 22:03
Hi Mike,

that could be possible, yes. And I see since a couple of years that a big part of interaction is on FB (not only about digi-modes) and the HS forums are a little bit dead.
There is only a bit of user support (as mine) when operators have some questions. Not from "official side".

JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2019-03-31 03:02
Jörg,

Agreed and although you probably don’t hear it very much, you help here on the forum is appreciated! Will help with responses if I can answer them.

Mike - KD6KA
2019-03-31 12:25
Thank you very much, Mike. :-)

JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2019-03-31 14:25
Good job Jörg

Much needed here on this original HS forum
Thanks
Vic
2020-02-13 03:18
OM Lew VK5FSDX sent me the most useful info. That is from 15HS623/Francis who has a pdf document called "Audio Set up for Windows 7" This has been very very useful and got me through to the digital modes. As Windows 7 is no more supported, you may have to try Windows 10, and that also should work.
You will make some mistake or the other, in the beginning. But, that should not stop you. Keep reading and adjusting the settings, and you will get through. Best of luck.
73 de arasu VU2UR ( regular on Digi modes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login