Function key assignments for HS4.
2018-08-03 23:19
I've had HS 4.0 for some time now, and just recently downloaded the HS 3.1,5 and in both the HS 3.0 and HS 3.1.5 there are function keys assigned to various rig functions, such as using the F1 key for PTT, but HS 4 has none of those, so I was wondering if anyone has made a plugin or if there's a config file to alter, so that I can use keyboard shortcuts for some of the functions of HS 4?

Maybe mapping of some kind using a config file that HS 4 reads during startup, and by changing the contents of the mapping file one could change the assignment of the keys, EG:-

F1 = PTT
SHFT-F1 = PTT Lock/Unlock toggle
F2 = Open Logs

CTRL+F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8 = Opening of each group button respectively.

These are just examples as what keys can be used in HS 4.
Re: Function key assignments for HS4.
2018-08-04 12:49
Hi,

there is such a plugin for HS4 and you can buy it from the shop. It's called "Interface Adapter" for 25,- EURO (maybe about 28,- Dollars) and you find it here:
http://shop.hamsphere.com/product_info.php?cPath=44_134&products_id=41424

I had some trouble with it on my computer (radio freeze all the time after using the plugin-functions), but maybe it will work well for you.
Just try it.

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
Re: Function key assignments for HS4.
2019-05-11 10:34
Has anyone had full success in using the interface adapter to map a pc keyboard ? When i set it up (f1 to ptt) it sends carrier but although the key is released the carrier still shows as being on air and intermittently sends signal out ....any help with this problem would make my life just that bit easier

Thanks in advance
Geo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login