No Comment displayed on my sent QSL cards
2018-03-21 03:38
This may have been addressed before by another user but I haven't seen the post yet. Almost all the QSL cards I have sent out to other operators appears to have the comment area (where "TNX FOR QSO!" should appear) empty. I am typing a comment in each log entry in my logbook so I don't understand why these comments are not appearing on the either the Hamsphere template QSL card or any of the other cards I have been using. When I developed each card, I placed the red #13 box far enough to the left on the card to allow for the comment to appear. If anyone has any solutions to this or can tell me where in the Hamsphere 4.0 Logbook Manual to look, it would be most appreciated.

CW Always!

W6KAY - Mike
Re: No Comment displayed on my sent QSL cards
2018-03-21 09:24
Hello Mike W6KAY

I just tested this issue on my system and it does work............I sent you a test CARD ................

Look at these comment sto try...............

When to entered the TEXT in the Comment Box ( Upper line on the screen - to the left of the DISPLAY / SEND button)
Then hit the Display /Send button did you see your entered TEXT before final send command.

If yes then all should be OK....................

If NO ..... Look at these points.

1) Maybe the Text - colour you selected on your template is the same colour as the photo background..........
2) Maybe the position of you RED #13 box is off the edge of the defaulted size of the card Hamsphere resizes to make fit.
3) Possible you saves template ............late went and entered this #13 box forgetting to SAVE that step.

4) Go back to the CREATE / EDIT your template and see if it is presently there as you thought.

5) Finally try a complete new photo /card and proceed carefully to save eack step of the procerss.

Good LUCK
Vic
VE3JAR
2018-03-22 14:57
Dear Mike,
I think the "Comments" on the log page look a bit misleading. iT REALLY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REAL COMMENTS TO APPEAR ON THE QSL CARD.
If you logged your QSO anew line on your log appears with two boxes: S(end) and R(eceived). if you press S box you begin the process of QSL sending. If you do so you will see the collection of qsl dedsigns availanble for sending and - above it - COMMENT Box. There you can place ypour commentrs to appear on a QSL. The will appear on a card provided you have put Redox#13 somewhere in the card.
Hope it is clear now
Chris, 50HS5873, Moscow
2018-03-22 17:48
Chris,

Thank you for the information! I'll look for that with my next QSL that I send out. Obviously I need to pull out the QSL Card manual are get re-familiarized with the process...

CW Always!

W6KAY - Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login