Transceiver not loading
2017-02-03 22:52
Since today my transceiver is not loading and I don't know why.
After starting transceiver. Please wait!
Transceiver don't start.
But if I'm clicking on editor - this I can do.

vy73 Gerhard 35HS395
Re: Transceiver not loading
2017-02-03 23:09
Problem solved. HS working now.

35HS395
2017-05-02 03:59
How was the problem solved, I have the same happenning on windows 10 and on my Mac ?? Windows 10 starts from the program icon and all well until trying to click on Transceiver Button, then it says loading transceiver wait..... and freezes.

Mac loads through terminal and ends at same point. Is this a problem with the router??
2017-05-02 12:05
VE7QJD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Is this a problem with the router??
---------

If all needed ports are forwarded, no. And such problems should be displayed at this point in the program.

After loading the transceiver it takes a few seconds and before you'll get a selection of which radio you want to open ("Default" and so on).
Do you see this window?

And another question: JAVA is up to date on this system?
Sometimes it could happen due to an unstable internet-connection as well. Because some data must be loaded from the server-side.
It may help to logout, close the program and then restart HS4 again.

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2017-05-02 23:10
Thanks Jorg, I am up to date on Java and I do get to the window asking which radio you want to load " Default" etc (although I have not seen where there are any other radio to purchase!!) and then after that nothing happens which is weird as it was working both on Mac and Windows 10 initially, then after this freeze up happened saying Port 5000 timed out, then I could not get either PC or Mac to move from that point. I loaded Hamsphere 3.0 after that on both and it works just fine. I have done several reboots and even deleted and reloaded the program a couple of times. I am not sure what you mean about PORTS ARE FORWARDED, how exactly do I check that on PC or Mac, perhaps I should reboot the router/modem next?? John
2017-05-02 23:58
Just reset Modem and router, no change, Gerhard if you read this curious how you solved your Transceiver problem.
2017-05-03 11:27
Hi John,

there is no "other radio" in the shop, that's correct. :-)
But you can create different Styles/Layouts by yourself and save it as a new transceiver. If not, you will see only "Default", you are right.

Ports: There 2 ways to open ports. Most important is your router, the internal firewall can control all ports and you should open ("forward") 5000 and 5001 for at least TCP/IP and maybe also for UDP.
How to do this should be explained in the router-manual. But normally it's very simple to find, if you open the Control-Center of your router.

And the second part could be your "desktop-firewall" of your operating system. If this program block ports, you have the next problem.
So open there 5000-5001 as well.

Ports don't have "timeouts", this error-message is a little bit "strange". They are either open, or closed. But not "from time to time".
I believe that the PROGRAM had a "timeout" while trying to find this open ports. After a couple of seconds it may happen that the program says "I have no chance and will stop trying!".

(sorry for my English, I'm not a native-speaker)

JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2017-06-04 08:40
Same problem. transceiver not loading in windows 10.
2017-06-04 11:05
Did you try to install it in the 32-bit (x86) Folder and with (full) Admin-Rights?
In some Windows-Versions (64-bit) this could be the only chance.

As far as I know HamSphere 4 cannot start in a 64-bit environment. Some Users had the same problem and after following my hint it was working well.

JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2017-10-02 14:52
I have same prob transceiver not loading how did you fix
2017-10-02 16:19
Please read my answers above. ;-)

JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2017-10-14 23:35
13HS1807 Wrote:
> Please read my answers above. ;-)
I have a 64 bit windows 10 environment, are you saying that this program won't work on a 64 bit computer?
2017-10-15 11:53
I think that could be a reason, yes. As I wrote in two other threads a longer time ago, you can try the following steps:

First uninstall the program from the 64 bit folder. This environment could make the trouble.
Then make a new, clean installation in the 32-bit folder (x86)
Make the first start of program (and installation) with administrator-rights, later on it should work with a normal user account as well.

All users in the other threads reported me correct working after doing this. So I guess indeed it is the solution for 64 bit environments. .

JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2017-12-08 14:06
No luck here with all the suggestions listed above. Firewall is OFF, Ports are open, various compatability modes have been tried, Java is up to date.
Running Windows 10 64 bit with high speed internet.

NO GO ~~~~ Transceiver will Not load !!!

Regards,
Gary - W5GNB
garybabcock69@yahoo.com
2017-12-09 12:38
Hi Gary,

that's very interesting. Is there any error-message while loading the program?

I think you should open a support-ticket and write directly to the staff for a solution. And maybe you can send a link to this thread.

JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2017-12-13 15:51
I have been having the exact same problem since I downloaded and installed HS4. The editor will load and allow me to change and save the transceiver but as soon as I try to open it I only get the choose transceiver prompt and it disappears with nothing loaded.
I have already tried all of the 'fixes' posted around to no avail and am about to just give up and uninstall.
2018-11-12 15:07
35HS395 Wrote:
> Since today my transceiver is not loading and I
> don't know why.
> After starting transceiver. Please wait!
> Transceiver don't start.
> But if I'm clicking on editor - this I can do.
>
> vy73 Gerhard 35HS395

>>>THE FIX<<<
1) Log In
2) Open Editor and Select Default
3)"GRAB and DRAG" the frequency display by left clicking and HOLDING the top black edge of the frequency display amd move it slightly away from the HAMSPHERE COPYRIGHT/LOGO
4) Do THE SAME for the DX Text SPOT just underneath the HAMSPHERE LOG
5) ON BOTH...you will see just a little WHITE from where your "GRABBED AND DRAGGER THE 2 panels
6) "X" out at upper right corner
7) SELECT SAVE when prompted
8) Your Transceiver will not OPEN when selected!

73 all!
Greg
nu4r@hotmail.com
2018-11-12 15:07
>>>THE FIX<<<>>>FOR TRANSCEIVER NOT LOADING
1) Log In
2) Open Editor and Select Default
3)"GRAB and DRAG" the frequency display by left clicking and HOLDING the top black edge of the frequency display amd move it slightly away from the HAMSPHERE COPYRIGHT/LOGO
4) Do THE SAME for the DX Text SPOT just underneath the HAMSPHERE LOG
5) ON BOTH...you will see just a little WHITE from where your "GRABBED AND DRAGGER THE 2 panels
6) "X" out at upper right corner
7) SELECT SAVE when prompted
8) Your Transceiver will now OPEN when selected!

73 all!
Greg
nu4r@hotmail.com
2018-11-25 10:23
Just found yet another solution (after lots of fails)

in the Windows go to Privacy - Settings - microphone privacy - allow apps to use microphone.

Recent windows update screwed this up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login