Help Needed,Thanks.
2016-07-03 13:20
hello fellow Hamspherers

I decided to rejoin Hamsphere again after a long break .
first thing I updated my file to 4.010
now when I log in , I get a connection for like 3 sec. then stuttering and connection lost retrying.
it has been like that for the last 30 min or so.
QTH Cairo, Egypt
using Lenovo G570
Internet 4 MB speed
any help would be highly appreciated

Tarek

P.S team viewer is available as well just in case .
Re: Help Needed,Thanks.
2016-11-04 04:58
Hi from K6RVD:

Having problems with 4.0 as well but circumstances are a little different. Several months ago I downloaded 4.0. The download and install went well. However, never have I received any signal on any band. I also have 3.0 and it works fine. I have several messages on support and received a blocks it. I cannot override it as it is a built in feature for better protection. No matter what I tried, nothing is successful. For a few months now, I never was able to operate the rig. Has anyone else have the same problems and is their a safe download for 4.0. Even when it is not working, I decided to do some upgrading to make the rig look nicer and installed a 40 meter 2-element beam. Even using the simple dipole which is included, it doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong and is there more setup to do? I am running win 10 and a HP PC at 2.1 Ghz with 4 Gb of memory. My computer is up to date so their shouldn't be any problems. Any help would be appreciated. If someone can contact me asap, for help with my situation, that would be great. Thanks for reading.

Best of 73's

Mel
2016-11-05 12:24
Hi,

HamSphere 4.x is much more "complicated" (or "intense") in the background than HS 3.
So it needs a very stable internet-connection (not only speed like 4 Mbit and so on) and ALSO a stable running PC on the client side.

I've got the same problem in the early beginning of HS 4, but since 4.009 and 4.010 it's running stable for me.
I'm using a small Netbook for HamSphere and that's no problem. So maybe you can imagine, it is running better on a bigger Notebook with a stronger CPU and more RAM.

Good ideas to solve the problem are:

1. Close other applications (like browsers and so on) for the time you are using the radio.

2. Give the system-process of HamSphere 4.x a higher priority, this ist possible e.g. on Windows-Computers under the "Task-Manager" (but also on all other Plattforms like Unix/Linux, Apple OS and so on).

3. Make sure you have a stable internet-connection to your ISP (Internet Service Provider).

4. After starting the Rig/Radio wait a few seconds before working with it, sometimes it takes a moment to "stabilize" the system.

5. Not least: Don't try to restart HS 4 twice, just quit the program first (completely) and THEN try to restart it.

I hope that will help a bit. .

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2016-12-10 22:23
im new to 4.0 if someone willing to help that would be great
2016-12-22 07:57
Hi Joe

A big welcome to Hamsphere 4 for You and any other new readers I am sure you will enjoy this system of communication. I would suggest you go onto Hamsphere 3. Where you will find it possible to enter a readily available QSO.

After downloading the version 3 software there will be information available from operators who are very experienced on the system. That will Elmer you along!

If you get access to the Hamsphere 3 website http://www.hamsphere.com/support click on Support explain your problem and they will get back to you with the information you require. Technical matters are difficult for me to explain, so I personally don't want to go there.

Hope to catch up with you when you have sorted out your Issues and managed to start using The Hamsphere System, in the mean time Best Wishes!

73,s from Canterbury UK

de 26HS3963 Harry
2016-12-25 09:37
The hamsphere 4 is nearly a look al like real HAM radio, if you do not pick up any signal at a regular real radio than you can be sure there is not much to hear at the Hamsphere 4 too.

1 The problem of Tarek can be have 3 sources: A Port 5000 is closed in the securety of your pc or router B looking at your location it is possible that your ISP is blocking Hamsphere 4 or C your Java is outdated.

2 Mel, first un install the HD4 completely, not only via the app remover from 10 but pick up from http://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php the uninstaller that one removes even the hidden files of HS4
Than use, from the same site the driver updater, it is much more intelligent as the regular updaters, http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php
At least you need http://www.iobit.com/en/advancedsystemcarefree.php to clean up your pc and get rid of al dirt.
Than you pick up the HS4 again, after installing it you log in via the loginscreen of the radio and it re installs everything you purchased before.
About receiving stations....the radio is virtual located at your home so if you do not get anything at a real radio on the amateurbands than you can forget to hearsomething else as noise on the HS4 too .)

Peter
Radio Elvira 6240 KHZ
2016-12-25 13:00
And at last don't forget: "Real radio" has much more operators over the world than HamSphere! ;-)

So if you hear only a few (and maybe weak) stations / QSOs on the real radio, you will hear less or nothing on HS at the same time.

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login