Why i'm splattering?
2014-12-03 10:08
Hello guys. Many stations said me, that i'm splattering. But i have my microphone gain on the programm and on the properties of Windows on the very minimal positions. Many stations from Europe are working here in Ukraine and i copy many splattering stations, because propagation between us is extremly good. I think, that the problem will be solved by using minimal of powers or directional antennas beaming outside splattering stations. Any ideas about this problem?
Re: Why i'm splattering?
2014-12-03 13:02
I would agree with you, that it is a question of propagation. At signals around S9 and 9plus it's a technical addiction, that a receiver stage can get too much gain on the input side and the mod-signal is too strong. The same effect we have in real radios.

If you are using a headset and turn your MIC-LEVEL down to the 1. notch - and maybe reduce your Mic-Gain of your Soundcard a bit, so there is nothing more you could do.
Keep watching the distance between the MIC and your mouth.. not too close. That's all.
And the other stations can reduce their RF-GAIN a bit, if your signal is too strong. Or you reduce your power to 10 Watts or less.
It's not necessary to transmit with 100 Watts all the time on every bands.
I'm always get radio 5 reports with this settings and with my (simple) headset.

And I also agree, that there are many many stations are splattering on HS 4. Very often stations from France also. They come in with a very strong signal (e.g. on 40 meters) and you can hear them up to 50 KHz higher and lower and understand every single word.

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2014-12-03 17:27
yes, Joerg. I agree with you. Today i had a test on 10 meters. I made contact with Indonesia 91HS1999 mr. Amira with only 1 Watt (!!!) and 3 band Dipole beaming to South-east and I got from Indonesia 5/9 signal raport!!! So i will be work for a QRP power and i think that every people, especially those, who have Yagi or Quads antennas, must to work on a low power...If it will be some rare station and pile up to it, than all stations must to a big powers...Imho.
2014-12-03 20:45
That's the evidence. :-) It's not (only) the power, it's the antenna and the propagation what makes a good contact.
1 Watt to Indonesia on a Dipol is great!

And if we see the "short way" to the ionosphere, we can imagine that we don't need so much power in most cases. The reflection will do the rest.
We don't have to bridge the whole distance with the power.
My old saw: "The best amplifier is a good (matched) antenna!" ;-)

Just an example: In the 80th I had a contact from my Car to Florence (from Germany) with only 4 Watts - radio four and some other (base-) stations with high-power (but maybe bad antennas) had no copy in Florence at the same time.
The old quote: "Highfrequency goes strange ways". :-)))

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login