Hamsphere 4.0 on Macbook air - OS X 10.9.4
2014-09-01 21:08
I have finally downloaded Hamsphere 4.0, having agreed to the Terms and set my co-ordinates.

The download file folder hamsphere_4.004-native contains:

hamsphere_4.004 (which when clicked attempts to run on Adobe reader (?) and then says it can't open as it must be damaged or is not a supported file type.

and subfolder rt, which in turn contains subfolders:

bin
jetrt
lib

bin contains unpack200 which runs when clicked, and opens a terminal window, which reads:

Last login: Mon Sep 1 21:57:56 on ttys001
/Users/myname/Downloads/hamsphere_4.004-native/rt/bin/unpack200 ; exit;
Davids-MacBook-Air:~ myname$ /Users/myname/Downloads/hamsphere_4.004-native/rt/bin/unpack200 ; exit;
Usage: unpack200 [-opt... | --option=value]... x.pack[.gz] y.jar
(For more information, run unpack200 --help .)
logout

[Process completed]

(I have overwritten my actual name with 'myname' in the listing above)

jet contains a mass of files, as does lib. none of which seems to be an executable or installation file.

I have absolutely no idea how I am supposed to open and run the software using these files - and there is no documentation or help file to refer to .

Please can you provide me with some assistance - I am sure I am not the only Mac user of Hamsphere.... and Hamsphere 3 was a doddle to instal and run.

Regards

David

M6HFT
Re: Hamsphere 4.0 on Macbook air - OS X 10.9.4
2014-09-01 23:18
Hello David,

I think it is for the best you start again with the original zip file. deleting all the other unpacked files.

to set HS 4.004 working on the mac, is not difficult, but does need a little knowledge.

First place the zip file in the folder in which you want to run it.
Open the zip file with Mac Archive utility, that will then create a folder called Hamsphere_4.004-native
change to the newly created folder.
In the directory, there will now be a hamsphere_4.004 file and an rt folder
all you need to do now, is open the properties for the hamspehere_4.004 file and tell it to open with terminal app, that really is all there is to it.
Once you have done that, then you can open HS4 just by double clicking on the hamsphere_4.004 file

Hope this helps.

73's

Barry

26HS3823
2014-09-08 18:06
Very helpful, Barry! Thank you.
2014-09-09 11:59
you are most welcome
always happy to help if I am able.
2014-09-29 00:45
M6HFT Wrote:
> Please can you provide me with some assistance - I
> am sure I am not the only Mac user of
> Hamsphere.... and Hamsphere 3 was a doddle to
> instal and run.

1) Agreed. HS 3 was easy, as both Linux and Mac *know* what a jar file is for.
2) Thanks for inspiring me to google "a doddle". That was a new one on me. :^)
3) Why on Earth did this not include a README.txt file or some such explaining how to get it going, since it is so far from intuitive?
2014-10-12 03:32
Has anyone used hamsphere on a table (android)? Is there any intention to develop and android version? I am using a Galaxy 10.1 Pro 2014 edition.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login