Purchasing HS Credits via PayPal account.
2014-08-30 03:12
Hello!

All those users who are having problems purchasing HS credits via PayPal account.

1. Do not try to buy more than Euro 20 at a time.
2. Purchases in excess of Euro 20 maybe blocked.

Ekendra (4S7EF)
Re: Purchasing HS Credits via PayPal account.
2014-08-31 07:12
now that the value for transfer with no problem is known , everyone can get around by transferring 20 only , step by step to the amount he wish to spend . makes a bit more work, but is sure at the end , better as spending hours for clearing up any errors . As you i had no problems with 20 euro .
73 Uli
2014-09-01 03:23
2014-09-01 11:53
I can aggree that: Yesterday evening I've changed my mind and made a PayPal Account! I couldn't wait longer with the antennas, hi hi.
And it was no problem to buy in smaller steps, max. 20,- Euro.
The connection to the PP-Server takes a very long time, up to 10 minutes! Sometimes it's important to refresh the website 1 or 2 times.
Than it works. Maybe it's the SSL-Certificate with the PHP-Modul on the PayPal server-side.

Anyway, it's fun to check out the 20 meters Yagi now. :-) I only forgot to buy the G5RV also. Ok, next time.

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2014-09-04 09:29
GREAT Jörg,

For me it took no more than about 10 to 15 seconds!!

73 de Ekendra (4S7EF)
2014-09-04 13:21
Yesterday I bought the G5RV multi-band and a 4-Square for 40 meters (thanks again Uli for the tip). :-)

JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2014-09-04 16:04
Hello Jörg

Wonderful

73 de Ekendra (4S7EF)
2014-09-06 15:14
I'm sorry that I have still the same problems with PayPal.
Nevertheless there is enough credit on the PayPal side, the system still block any purchase.
A few minutes ago I made my third call to the support and they told me, that it is a security problem at the same Seller (HamSphere), because he is using only virtual money (HamSphere credits)!
That's not depending on 20,- Euros or the amount. It's also impossible to pay 5,- Euros at the moment.

The system will block such Dealer cause of "money-laundering laws". And there would be no way to solve it for the system, because PayPal is an international service. I should make many other deals with other sellers (like eBay and so on), not only with this single dealer HamSphere. Maybe it would be better after some other purchases.

So that's very unlucky for the moment, because I don't need other things from other shops.
The PayPal account is full of money, but I can't buy with this money on HamSphere. :-(
This shop is still blocked and the agent can't do anything.

JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2014-09-07 14:25
Hello Jörg

Yesterday I purchased Euro 10 and had no problems.

I see your point about PayPal checking to see whether transactions are genuine or not.

I guess its up to HS to sort it out.

Hope you will be lucky the next time, but if you have an urgency, PayPal can manually override the security feature for 4 hours and for the amount you specify you want sent. That was my experience.

Regards

Ekendra (4S7EF)
2014-09-08 12:43
Hi Ekendra,

yes, that was the statement from the first Agent also - and my chance to buy a litlle bit. But last time it was not longer possible, I said the same but the Agent said: It's not possible after overwriting ONE time. I had have my chance, but on the same shop it's not possible without waiting für at least one week. After this time i should try it again, he said
That means: On next friday.

JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2014-09-10 09:35
Hello Jörg

Not sure why!!

I just purchased € 25.00 in instalments of € 20 and € 5

PayPal can't have different rules for different countries??

Hope you get cleared for payment on Friday!!

73 de Ekendra
2014-09-10 16:40
Normally not. But it seems to be also a problem at new accounts there.
And if you call them 3 times, you'll get 5 different answers from the agents. :-)))
Sometimes it should be the IP, sometimes your new account, sometimes the same dealer/seller and next time it is your bank. :-))))

I believe, they don't know the really reason.... it's a shame...
They only see the blockage from the system, but not the reason for that. So they just starts to guess.

But yesterday I tried it again... and a wonder: I was able to pay and buy my 15 meters Cardioid antenna!!! That's all I want and now I'm happy with that. :-)
And yesterday was thuesday, not friday this week.... So also the statement from the last agent was wrong!

JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2014-09-11 02:24
Hi Jörg,

I had a problem this morning when I tried to buy HS credits this morning.

I first purchased € 20 sans any issues, but when I tried to buy € 5.00 I was referred to Hamsphere!!

So, the problem keeps coming up. The way round it is patience I guess!!!

Have not heard you for sometime. Hopefully soon.

73 de Ekendra (4S7EF)
2014-09-11 09:36
Hi Ekendra,

that affirmed my experience. It is not depending on the amount, only how many times in a short time you purchase at the same dealer who sells only virtual money, no articles.
That will trigger the alarm on the PayPal side.

Yes, I hope to catch you again on the bands as well. :-)

JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2014-09-13 16:36
Yes Jörg

I realised it too.

However, I doubt that I will need to buy anymore items, though I may consider a yagi antenna for 40m if conditions are favourable.... but in 2015!!

73 de Ekendra (4S7EF)
2014-09-16 14:00
how can i remove some items in cart?
2014-09-17 07:14
That's quite simple: Just click on "Shopping Cart" and go to the article. Then click "Remove" or change the Qty.

JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login