Rotor point?
2014-08-20 17:28
The map on the rotor clock is this central on the Lokotion of user ??? of is't A standart piont??

Ron

Ron Eberson
PA1ZX
73'
Re: Rotor point?
2014-08-20 21:08
I don't have this Plugin yet (but want to buy it), but in the "real world" the center means YOUR location, not the other station.
And the green marker shows into the direction where your antenna (e.g. Yagi) has the beam-characteristic.
So you imagine where the other station is - in relation of your own QTH - an turn your antenna into this direction. That's it.

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2014-08-21 07:32
Hi Jorg

the center of rotor clock is my QTH or for example A place in Italy??? this make's some degrees in direction to the ather station in QSO

I now how a rotor working for sure haha i mean that

73 PA1ZX

Ron Eberson
PA1ZX
73'
2014-08-21 08:31
Hi Ron,

hi hi, I just realize that you're a real Ham as well. :-) Ok, so there is no need to explain how a rotor work.
Yes, the center should be in Italy if this is your QTH. Because you had insert your Coordinates before download HS 4, this point should be correct now.

The system will take this point as the "center" and the whole world is around this point. That's my understanding of this plugin. Any other thing would not make any sense.
That must not be only a few degrees: Imagine you have a QSO with N-USA, so you turn your antenna (from Italy) a bit to the north-west, maybe on heading 290 to 310.
And if you are talking with Africa, you turn it into a south-west direction and so on.

Please understand: Not the clock (on each position) is your position, but the middle of the map is your center.

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2014-08-22 06:02
Also, you can use VOACAP ONLINE http://www.voacap.com/prediction.html to determine the DEGREES to set on your ROTOR after you have set the receiving country on VOACAP.

Hope this helps

73 de Ekendra (4S7EF)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login